Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

When Professional Caregiving and Family Caregiving Collide

Being a PAL: Professional and Family Caregiving

When the Two Worlds Collide

As a Professional, your responsibilities are pretty much spelled out. They may evolve as time goes on and the needs of your client change. As a family member, a son, daughter, sister, brother etc.of someone who now needs care your love and concern for them may move you to want to use your well developed skills to help care for them. But what happens if you must work 40 even 50 or more hours a week just to make ends meet? We all know that caregivers like ourselves are not the highest paid professionals. How do you balance both?

This can be a real tough position to be in. It may cause you a lot of stress. How do you handle this? Share your story with us?

1 comment:

  1. This can be so difficult. I want to be there for my father, but I cannot miss work for fear I will lose my job. I try and spend as much of my time off with him, but I need time to de-stress too. Feel trapped.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment, and Thank You.. Ruth Anne.