Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Caregivers Giving Can Mean A Lot

As Caregivers - We Give

“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  We as caregivers give our time and energy to our clients in an effort to make their lives better. This brings rich rewards to them as well as to ourselves. In addition to our time, small tangible gifts that cost us little can make another person smile and feel loved in a way we might never expect.

  A couple of weeks ago I stopped at a garage sale on my way to work and picked up a bunch of beaded bracelets and rings, they were really nice. The lady selling them was closing a shop she had and just wanted to move the items out, so I got a whole bag of jewlery items for $25.00. My first thought was to resell them on my online store and make a profit, but when I got to work another thought hit me - 'How much better to bring some smiles to the seniors living at the complex where I worked.'

  After lunch I grabbed my bag and headed to the lobby where many relax and began giving the ladies their choice. They were amazed and kept asking 'how much do I owe you?' I told them that they owed me nothing, they were a gift. The ladies were thrilled, each taking turns picking out of the bag something they liked. As I watched them showing off their gems, tears came to my eyes and I thought to myself  'that was the best 25$ I ever spent.'



  We have all heard of the people who pay it forward - why not join the crowd. Walk into a senior home and spread some joy. You will never feel better about yourself. I guarantee it.

Talk care my friends

Ruth Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, and Thank You.. Ruth Anne.