Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Like Ground Hog Day

As I reflect on the past few days I can't help but feel like Bill Murray in the film Ground Hog Day. Remember that silly movie where he keeps reliving the same day over and over again? Well seems to me that the life of a caregiver is a bit like that. You gain a new client, get close to them and before you know it you are saying goodbye. Then with a new client the process can start again.

I know it is the nature of our business, however when you lose 3 great guys in less than 2 years it hurts. It hurts every time. I mistakenly thought each time I met my new client, 'oh we'll be together for several years'. There was nothing to indicate that they would die so quickly. But then that just goes to show you we are not in control. We can do our best but in the end everyone dies, and it hurts.

Does this mean I think we should keep our emotional distance?

No never, at least not for me. Being human
and really caring about the lives of our clients is what sets a good PAL apart from the rest. Share your thoughts with us on loss and how you handle it. We all learn from each other.

Take good care.
Ruth Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, and Thank You.. Ruth Anne.