Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Adult Family Care Homes What Does Your State Call Them?

Hello Everyone,

Well yesterday it was 50 here and today it's snowing, but that's Michigan for you! 

I know many of you have been following my posts and I thank you for that. If you have you know I have talked a lot about Adult Family Care Homes. This is the type of home my mom is in. Let me describe it for you. It's a beautiful home in beautiful wooded area. The family that runs the home lives there. They use the upstairs of the home as their residence and have a beautiful lower level walk out that is designed for the seniors they care for. The house is licensed  by the state of Michigan to take up to 6 residents. Similar home are set up for residents only and the owner does not live there, caregivers are hired for round the clock care. 

The nice thing about these homes, I have seen many of them, is that it's like a family. The residents who have dementia benefit greatly from these homes because they do not have to get use to different caregivers all the time and because the area is smaller they get use to the layout and routine easily. My mom is doing wonderfully at her new home.

What I was wondering is what other states call these type of homes. I know some call them Board and Care Homes, however with the inconsistency of terms when it comes to senior care across the US I was hoping some of my readers could help me put together a list of states and the term they use for these homes. 

If you are in a state other than Michigan and know what your state calls these homes I would love to hear from you. You can leave a comment at the bottom or email me at

I am off to help a fellow caregiver find a home for her mom. If you need any help let me know. I will do what I can to assist you. 

Until Next Time
Take Care
Ruth Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, and Thank You.. Ruth Anne.