Connect with the Best Senior Care Homes Near You!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Seriously - I Never Thought I'd Talk About THAT!

Say Whaaat?
I found myself sitting with a nice lady I befriended at the senior village where I work the other day when the conversation turned to bodily functions. Oh who am I kidding we were talking about bowel movements. Yes there I said it. I thought my mother was the only senior who went there, but turns out having a good BM is important, yes even life changing for us all. Only thing is we won't admit to it unless we are over 50 - at least not out loud and certainly not to a stranger.

Can you imagine sitting in a room full of teens, one being your daughter and saying " boy was I constipated this morning ". She would absolutely die of shame. And yet here we were, me in my 50's and she in her 70's, new friends to boot, casually conversing about what works for us. Weighing the pros and cons of laxatives, prunes v prune juice, the whole nine yards. And we have had the same conversation more than once, even rating our day on how things went ( pun intended ).
Life is funny that way, priorities change. Little - or should I say Big things - make us happy. Think about how things have changed for you.

~Why not share your bowel movement moments and stories with us.~
We'd love to hear what topic you never thought you'd be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, and Thank You.. Ruth Anne.